Information for STC Members
Willamette Valley Chapter(WVC) members get their money's worth! Are you taking advantage of your membership benefits?
- Free subscription to our chapter's online newsletter, The Willamette Galley. If you haven't received your quarterly newsletter email announcement, contact Galley editors Valerie M. Ball or Carol Larson.
- Reduced rates on chapter events, association partnership events, STC-U classes, and selected local workshops sponsored by WVC.
- Professional networking through chapter Special Interest Groups(SIGs). Lively topics, informative panel discussions, and professional elbow-rubbing with our area's top technical communicators highlight these events.
- Free hands-on experience as a chapter volunteer. A number of different positions are available with varying time and skill requirements. Imagine how nice that will look on your resume!
- Opportunities to find a mentor or to become one. Our Mentorship Program promises members a chance to reach out and help each other develop excellence in technical communication. (Another great addition to your resume!)
- Free subscription to our jobs list, where you can hear about the hot jobs in our area. If you're not on the job list, take a moment to subscribe now.
- Financial support for students majoring in the technical communication. Scholarships are available at the local and national levels.